Hi

Currently we do not provide the means to use a single SortedSetDVField for
both faceting and sorting. You can add a SortedSetDVFacetField to a
Document, then use FacetsConfig.build(), but that encodes all your
dimensions under a single SSDV field. It's done for efficiency, since at
search time, when you ask to count the different dimensions, we need to
read a single field.

It might be worth it to explore sharing the same SSDV field for both
faceting and sorting, and compare the performance implications of doing
that (when faceting). if you want to try it, I suggest that you look at
SortedSetDocValuesReaderState and see if you can use it for this task.

Shai