I found the problem.  But it makes no sense to me.

If I set the field type to be tokenized, it works.  But if I set it to not
be tokenized the search fails.  i.e. I have to pass in true to the method.
    theFieldType.setTokenized(storeTokenized);

I want the field to be stored as un-tokenized.  But it seems that I don't
need to do that.  The LowerCaseKeywordAnalyzer works if the field is
tokenized, but not if it's un-tokenized!

How can that be?

--
Regards
Milind