bq: Unless, I can cache these filters in memory, the cost of constructing
this filter at run time per query is not practical

Why do you say that? Do you have evidence? Because lots and lots of Solr
installations do exactly this and they run fine.

So I suspect there's something you're not telling us about your setup. Are
you, say, soft committing often? Do you have autowarming specified?

You're not going to be able to keep your filters based on some other field
in the document. Internally, Lucene uses the internal doc ID as an index
into the bitset. That's baked in to very low levels and isn't going to
change AFAIK.

Best,
Erick