Hi Parth,

Since Lucene 4.7 spatial, there is a “SerializedDVStrategy” for serialized
geometries.  It’s used as a second-pass after RPT (or perhaps
BBoxStrategy).  There was a presentation at FOSS4G about it (I was there
and helped with this one too):
http://vimeo.com/106843184
There’s a small code sample in there.  It’s pretty easy to use.

This article I wrote is also relevant:
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2014/04/11/indexing-polygons-in-lucene-with-accuracy/
I’m hoping to have time after the new year to get to the optimization
referenced at the end, but who knows.

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley