Hi,

There is no restriction to 10000 characters inside Lucene and there never was
one. In earlier Lucene versions (long time ago) there was an implicit
restriction to 10,000 TERMS (not characters). This is no longer the case. If
you still want this, you have to wrap your Analyzer: http://goo.gl/SRf45A

If you have a limitation to 10,000 characters somewhere, it might be your TIKA
text extraction.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler