Hello,

I'm new to Lucene and am looking for advice.  I'm wanting to search the entire
DB (or almost the entire DB) for a keyword.  The users also want to know which
field the string occurred in.

I can think of two ways to do this, but neither are ideal and I'm looking for
suggestions:

1)      Search the entire DB and add all the text I want to search to a single
string and store that string.  Then create a query against that string...Using
this approach, is there any way to know which field the match it is in?
Context highlighting is not sufficient, they want the DB column of the
match...we are using EclipseLink/JPA (but are considering switching to
Hibernate)

2)      Query every single field checking for results with each query (this
seems slow (and tedious!))

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Todd