hi,

I'm using facets with Lucene 5.0 using a WildcardQuery to narrow down my results. The TopDocs collected by FacetsCollector.search are indeed limited by both my query and my filter. But when it comes to counting there are suddenly results not matching my WildcardQuery anymore.

SortedSetDocValuesReaderState state = new DefaultSortedSetDocValuesReaderState(
iSearcher.getIndexReader(), "author_facet );

FacetsCollector fc = new FacetsCollector();
TopDocs topDocs = FacetsCollector.search(iSearcher, query, filter, 1000, fc); For example: my WildcardQuery was 'Da*' and the TopDocs are containing these author fields { "Daeniken", "Dalmas", "Daley" }

Facets facets = new SortedSetDocValuesFacetCounts(state, fc);
FacetResult result = facets.getTopChildren(1000, "author_dim");
For example: At this point I get these authors and counters: { "Daeniken (20)", "Murakami (4), "Robertson (2), "Dalmas (1)", "Daley(1)" }. Obviously they do not match the results stored in the collector fc anymore.

My FacetConfig looks like this:

FacetsConfig config = new FacetsConfig();
config.setIndexFieldName("author_dim","author_facet");
config.setMultiValued("author_dim", true);
What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help,
Andreas