From: Xiaolong Zheng [mailto:xiaolong.zh...@mathworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:12 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Does Lucene 4.6.1 compatible with Java 8?

We are currently planning to upgrade to Java 8, and we are using Lucene 4.6.1
right now.

The release notes for Lucene 4.8 state that it is fully compatible with Java 8
(http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote48). Does this mean that older
releases of Lucene were not compatible, or just that they have not be tested?

None of the bug fixes associated with the 4.8 release seem to be related to
Java 8 compatibility.

Any advises would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Xiaolong Zheng

[GrayHair]
GHS Confidentiality Notice

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is
prohibited, and may be punishable by law. If this was sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.

GrayHair Software <http://www.grayhairSoftware.com>