Seems we are encountering same problem. (thread: bug of
highlighter/SimpleSpanFragmenter,
returned longer fragment than expected?)
When debugging, your fragmenter is SimpleSpanFragmenter? isNewFragment()
returns true due to below logic?
boolean isNewFrag = offsetAtt.endOffset() >= (fragmentSize *
currentNumFrags) <---------true
        && (textSize - offsetAtt.endOffset()) >= (fragmentSize >>> 1);

I am pursuing input from the community instead of changing/maintaining code
by myself.

Best regards,
Duke
If not now, when? If not me, who?