On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be an "XY" problem, you're asking how to do X thinking
> it will solve Y without telling us what Y is.
>
> What do you want to _do_ with the DV values you look up for each hit?

Keep them around as the ID to use to look up information later. i.e.,
what we used to do with the doc ID before Lucene decided the doc ID
wouldn't be stable.

e.g., the search happens at some point, and then later you want to
render a row of a table, so you want to fetch the document. But you
can't use the doc ID to do that, so we use another ID which we map
back to the doc ID once we have a reader for that operation.

TX