Sorry, yes, dimensional points and SlowCompositeReaderWrapper are not
compatible.

This class (SlowCompositeReaderWrapper) is a terrible class that we have
been gradually (past 7 years) phasing out of Lucene.  It's a leaky
abstraction (http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/LeakyAbstractions.html)
that pretended your index has one segment when it doesn't, and it limited
our freedoms when developing new features.

Finally just today, for 7.0 anyways, we succeeded:

That said, we have also fixed index time sorting to no longer use
SlowCompositeReaderWrapper:

Right now this is a 7.0 (master) only change but I plan to backport for 6.2
once we get 6.1 released.  Maybe you could test Lucene's current master and
confirm points and index-time sorting work correctly for you?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com