Hmm are you saying SynonymFilter in 4.10.4 has this capability but
6.3.0 lost it?

So you you have a synonym "wow that's funny" -> "wtf", you want the
token for "wow" to state that it has a synonym?

Using the PositionLengthAttribute you should be able to reconstruct
this, because when you see "wtf' with position length 3, you know it
spanned "wow", "that's", "funny".

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com