Hi,

the previous version of Lucene I was on was 4.4.0. On upgrading to 6.5.1 I
found some issues (normal). However for taxanomy, I was relying then on an
experimental class "org.apache.lucene.facet.index.FacetFields" which also
took "org.apache.lucene.facet.params.FacetIndexingParams". Both seem to have
disappeared.

These were important building blocks to my Search API. Im struggling to find
any good examples for Lucene 6 and taxonomy to show any better way to use
the new API. Can someone help me here.

Being experimental API I dont think this made it to your migration guide
unless I missed it since i'm hopping 2 major versions

If it helps here is a method from my ol code dep on Lucene 4.4.0