You could extend this class and provide your own implementation to
incorporate term frequency into the final score. For the record, you might
want to look into BM25Similarity, which takes term frequency into account,
but in a way that gives a much lower score contribution to hits than
ClassicSimilarity. More generally, BM25Similarity is considered a superior
alternative to ClassicSimilarity (the canonical implementation of
TFIDFSimilarity that you linked).