Thanks Mikhail & Adrien for the help

This is the same principle that we apply for block-max WAND so
> theoretically that would work, though in practice it might be a bit
> hard to implement due to the fact that we don't have the APIs that you
> will need.

Aah, did not know block-max WAND is now in lucene! So what I am proposing
looks identical to Bm-WAND..

The heavy-lifting is already done in lucene codebase. Think it should be
straight-forward for us to wrap DocValues in a CustomCodec to track block
min-max ords. We shall give this a shot anyways & see how it goes

Directly index the field into as a term frequency instead of doc
> values, e.g. using FeatureField. One downside is that you can only
> sort in one order efficiently.

Thanks for suggestion. Sure will try & dabble with FeatureField too!

--
Ravi