> You always pass "piwko" for stemming.

 Right, I've spotted my mistake once I've posted my question but
didn't want spam with too many posts (there's no way to edit already
posted question in a mailing list :-)). Anyway, the issue still
persists. Here's the corrected version to reproduce it:

import java.io.InputStream;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.stempel.StempelStemmer;

public class Try {

    InputStream stemmerTabke = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader()
        .getResourceAsStream("org/apache/lucene/analysis/pl/stemmer_20000.tbl");
    StempelStemmer stemmer = new StempelStemmer(stemmerTabke);
    String[] words = {"joyce", "wielce", "piwko", "royce", "pip", "xyz"};
    for (String word : words) {
      System.out.println(String.format("%s -> %s", word,
stemmer.stem(word)));