Thanks Adrien. This makes me think I might not be understanding the use
case for index sorting correctly. I basically want to make it so that my
terms are sorted across segments. For example, let's say I have integer
terms 1 to 100 and 10 segments. I'd like terms 1 to 10 to occur in segment
1, terms 11 to 20 in segment 2, terms 21 to 30 in segment 3, and so on.
With default indexing settings, I see terms duplicated across segments. I
thought index sorting was the way to achieve this, but the use of doc
values makes me think it might actually be used for something else? Is
something like what I described possible? Any clarification would be great.
Thanks,
Alex