Hello,
Would appreciate any insights on the issue.Are there any backward
incompatible changes in 8.x index because of which the lucene upgrader is
unable to upgrade any index EVER touched by <= 6.x ? Or is the restriction
more of a safety net at this point for possible future incompatibilities ?

Thanks,
Rahul