Hello Adrien,
Thanks for the quick response! The doubles can be pretty much anything.
We're implementing something very similar to the Distance Feature Query
<https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-distance-feature-query.html>
in
Elastic but want it to work with doubles where the "field" can be a double
value. Users could then find a set of relevant documents with "fields" that
are closest to specified origin using this query. Would this feature be
something that we should put up a PR for in the Lucene codebase as well?