Hello community,

I am a developer that work for Amazon Product Search. Recently I have
experienced a use scenario that I altered the IndexSearcher’s default query
cache policy but some of our unit tests that extended to LuceneTestCase failed.
It take me some time to figure it out LuceneTestCase actually override the
IndexSearcher’s defaultQueryCahchingPolicy in its before class.

We think it would be a great feature that if LuceneTestCase could make an
assertion that if custom query cache policy has been set, we should not need to
override the default query policy? Or at least make an assertion, so developer
can catch the test bug earlier?

Want to share and know community’s idea on this.

Thanks&Regards,
Yuan