Hi Erel,

3.      A few days ago I started the local server and was surprised to see
> that the index is corrupt. It failed to decompress a stored field.
> Something deep inside Lucene.

If you can include a stack trace, it would be great. Also, try running
CheckIndex on that index to see if it says anything.

> 7.      I’ve upgraded to Java 20 a few weeks ago. Such issues never
> happened in the last two years.

Hard to tell. You could try running with the previous version of Java and
see if this happens there too? It could be a bug somewhere in the new
implementation or some other quirk. A repro would be ideal, if you can
isolate it.

Dawid