Thanks Phil for some very useful tips on printing performance. They
inspired me to have another look at our printing code and I've
managed to improve the print quality massively to the point where
we're quite happy (although we'd like some more speed!).

Now in order to improve the quality, we need to know the printer
resolution. The Java almanac for 1.3 has a PageAttributes class with
a getPrinterResolution method, but according to the index, no method
returns such an object. How do I get the printer resolution?

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry Huxtable
http://www.jhlabs.com