Hi,

I didn't get any reply to my posting on LookupOp :-( so I'll try a
different tack. I'm trying to use RescaleOp  on an image using code
like this:

        image = new BufferedImage(width, height, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);
        //draw some stuff here
        BufferedImageOp op = new RescaleOp(1.0f, 0.0f, null);
        op.filter(image, image);

When I do this I get an IllegalArgumentException: "Number of bands in
src 4 does not equal number of bands in dest 2". Seeing as the source
and destination are the same image, this is surprising to say the
least. If I put null as the second argument to filter I don't get the
exception, and neither do I get any pixels - the whole result image
has alpha set to zero. I have the same trouble with LookupOp. What am
I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry Huxtable