Jason,

You can always set the screen resolution using the Display control panel
in win32, but there is no way to set the screen resolution from inside
of Java in jdk 1.3.1.  This is a capability that we have introduced in
jdk1.4, however; check out the GraphicsDevice in the latest Beta release
for more information.

Chet.

> From: "Jason T. S. Chow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [JAVA2D] What determines screen resolution given double
buffering off?
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hi all,
>
>   After I have set double buffering of a swing component off by
setDoubleBuffered(false),
> I found that the screen resolution is 96, from
getToolkit().getScreenResolution().