> Can someone give me some pointers on how I go about creating a simple JPEG
> image and saving it to a file?
>
> I want to be able to draw a simple square with a given width/height in
> pixels, filled with a solid color given by a RGB value, rendered at 150
DPI.

> 1) create a new image object
> 2) get the graphics of the object
> 3) draw my square in my color
> 4) convert the image into a JPEG with the right parameters (especially the
> DPI)
> 5) save it to a file.

Ok I have figured out how to do steps 1-3. But I don't know if I have to do
something special when I draw into the Graphics2D so that later when I save
it as a JPEG, I can get my resolution of 150 DPI, which is more than the
standard ~72 DPI of a screen-drawn image.

So, say I have drawn a 100x100 pixel blue square in my Graphics (at 72
DPI)...how do I turn it into a JPEG at 150 DPI?

Thanks.

Rob