Eric,

You could draw it all in an image and then copy that image (drawImage())
when it is time to render that object.  But you don't have to use
an image.  The important thing is to render all of the pieces
(the title and the rectangle) at the appropriate location whenever
it is time to paint.  So when your component is painting all of the
subobjects, tell each object to paint itself and each objects
paint method could be something like:
       public void paint(Graphics g) {
               g.setColor(textColor);
               g.drawString(titleText, titleLoc.x, titleLoc.y);
               g.setColor(rectColor);
               g.fillRect(rect.x, rect.y, rect.w, rect.h);
       }

Note that the dragging of objects is distinct from the
rendering (or it can be, depending on your implementation).
You could just track the mouse interaction manually and update
the appropriate object locations based on those events.  Then
the ensuing paint events would use the updated locations.

There are a lot of ways to go about this, but hopefully this
gives you some ideas.

Chet.
Java2D

Eric Delacroix wrote:

Hi,

I'm fairly new in using Java draw. I'm trying to make an interface that
permits to handle some graphical objects and link them between each other,
with simple lines. The graphical object consists in a rectangle with a
title
at the top, a line to separate it from the rest of the rectangle, and
that's
all. But I'd like to be able to make some drag and drop of those objects,
and so, I'd like to have this shape as one and only one object. Do I
have to
draw it in an "Image" object, or something else. I'm a little bit lost in
this case, any help is welcome.
Thank you
Eric Delacroix