Hi Tom,

We do not have an API to sync to the retrace or count the number
of retraces, but:

- A fullscreen/exclusive app on Windows will perform flipping
(using BufferStrategy) sync'd to the retrace interval

- The DisplayMode API can be used to query the current
refresh interval.  (Note that some OSs (NT4?) will return
a most helpful "0" for the refresh rate, but otherwise this
may give you the info you need).  Note that you can get the
current DisplayMode for a give GraphicsConfiguration, so this
should work even in the multimon case.

Chet.

Tom Busey wrote:

I'm developing some applications where we need to precisely control how
long an image is on the screen. We typically do this in C by drawing an
image to the screen and then counting screen refreshes before erasing
it. Java double buffering must do something similar to avoid flicker.
Are there any routines to get access to the vertical refresh interval?
I realize that this is somewhat complicated, give than multiple
monitors might be in use and a window might span more than one monitor,
but any starting points would help us out.

Thanks,

Tom Busey

[EMAIL PROTECTED]