I guess I should have posted this on this on the list... I had sent this privately.

FWIW, you should handle this in your model. There is a method isCellEditable(row, col) that you would use to control when certain cells can or can't be editable.

David

Thus Spoke Kirill Grouchnikov:
In any case, you have
public abstract boolean isCellEditable(EventObject
anEvent)
in CellEditor. You can get the cell itself from the
event object.

Kirill

--- Chet Haase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Leonid,

This is a 2D forum - you would be better off posting
this to
a Swing forum or alias instead (check out the forums
on
javadesktop.org for starters).

Chet.

Leonid Pavlov wrote:

Hi all,

I have a jTable with columns "date_from",

"date_to", "description". I would

like to protect the editing(getting the focus) of

"date_to" and

"description" when the "date_from" is null. Have

you any idea how to provide

this? When possible with example please...

Regards

Leonid Pavlov

[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body

of the message "signoff JAVA2D-INTEREST".  For

general help, send email to

[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body of

the message "help".

and include in the body
of the message "signoff JAVA2D-INTEREST".  For
general help, send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body of the
message "help".