I was just talking about the first time.  You should validate
every time you use it (even to copy from it).  An image that
has not been lost should not be written to, so the transparent
bg that you rendered to it the first time will still be there,
and validation will not erase it to white.

Is this what you're finding?  validation should basically be a noop
if the image has not been lost, so I can't see where this
would cause an erasure to an opaque color.  On the other hand, when
an image is first created, or first restored, that first validation
will put it into some basic state, which may include erasing it (thus
the need to set your own transparent bg color after the initial
validation).

Chet.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
So, I don't validate it every time I copy from it?
[Message sent by forum member 'dialup' (dialup)]