> Which OS are you using?  I too have tried that JVM
> argument and have experienced the same problems on
> Windows Vista but not on XP or Server 2003 where the
> results are very good.  I am also using Java 6 Update
> 2.  It may be relevant that I also have an nVidia
> 7900 chipset GPU.

I am using Windows Vista, but only on one machine.  I am seeing the same
behavior on two other machines that are both running XP.  Both of those
machines have older video drivers, though, and I haven't had a chance to try
the most current releases.
[Message sent by forum member 'brianloss' (brianloss)]