Hi Derek,

First, are you using the proprietary ATI drivers, or the open source
ones?  It might help to include the output of "glxinfo".

Second, that ATI chipset is a bit old and we haven't had much luck
getting good performance for the OpenGL-based pipeline on GPUs from
that era (meaning pre-Radeon 8500).

Third, even if you were using a more modern GPU, you might stil have
trouble allocating a 2000x3000 VolatileImage (or more specifically,
we would end up allocating it in system memory, due to driver/
hardware texture size limitations).  There are usually restrictions
on the size of textures/pbuffers that can be created in an OGL or D3D
application.  It was only in the past couple years that hardware
started being able to handle texture sizes larger than 2048x2048.

Anyway, the "bad match" error below means that the pipeline can't
even be initialized (this is way before you even have a chance to
create an image, so your image creation code isn't to blame).  In
this case, "bad match" probably means that your drivers don't have
proper pbuffer support, which is a requirement for our OGL pipeline
to function.  The output of "glxinfo" would help us know for sure.
(Sorry, it's not looking promising though.)

Thanks,
Chris