> All valid arguments.  And I'm sure I don't know any
> of the grizzly
> stories about how Java is/was being used for fraud.
>
> It's a hoist petard situation -- damned if you do --
> damned if you don't.
>
> Having Java become suspect as an easy tool for fraud
> certainly won't do
> us developers any good.  Yet people object to having
> their precious fullscreen
> so rudely violated.
>
> I'll meander over to the security and awt talklists
> and see what I can see.

If you sign your applet - as far as I know - the banner should not be there.
I think the banner should stay like it is - I know the discussion on javalobby
a year ago where people blamed java for allowing fullscreen-mode for applets. A
programmer could easily re-program the desktop and the user would enter
passwords for example.

If you sign your applet the user can say java he trusts you if he really trusts
you - if not he sees the banner. Whats the problem?

lg Clemens
[Message sent by forum member 'linuxhippy' (linuxhippy)]