Dear Dmitri, thank you for your response.

> Our experiences differ, then. It works just fine
>  if you
>   have RANDR extension set up and configured.
> Try running your application with J2D_TRACE_LEVEL=4
>  env.
>   variable set, see if it prints out any errors.

No errors reported.

> We have only seen a handful of people using full
>  screen
> mode on linux - in part because it takes a lot to
>  configure the
>   linux system to work. There's a lot of variables
> (xinerama, randr, xrender extensions, compositing
>  window
>   managers) which affect the ability of applications
>  (not just Java) to enter FSEM.

Could you be so kind to share your experience with using those xorg.conf
options for FSEM & vsync? I'm sure this way more Linux users can enjoy what MS
Windows and Mac OS X users do. (Just setting RandR option on had no effect on
vsync by the way.)

> >> I think in 5 we used DBE (double buffer extension)
> >>  for
> >> creating implementing buffer strategy, may be
> >>  something changed
> >>   in 6 - I can't think of what though.
> >
> > This is very discomforting. One wonders what's not
> gonna work next time.
>
>    You're the first to complain about this.

I'm sorry, I can't understand the response. Do you mean there is actually no
such problem, or do you mean something else. Remember, I was referring to the
fact that vsync works fine with 1.5 on Linux but not with 1.6 anymore (save for
my possibly wrong/missing xorg.conf settings, of course).
[Message sent by forum member 'boyaci' (boyaci)]