Hi,

in my application, I need to draw a shape with Graphics2D methods where the
Stroke used is not a uniform color but instead some kind of gradient from solid
color to semi-transparent color with a given thickness.

The current way I am dealing with this is to draw the shape several times, each
time with wider and more transparent stroke. This way I pretty much achieve the
effect I wanted. However, this operation has to happen around 40 times per sec
on quite a lot of shapes... I would like to know if there is a faster way I am
not aware of that could do this in one single drawing path.
In other word, is there a kind of GradientStroke that could be used as argument
for the Graphics2D.setStroke() method.

Regards.

Vince
[Message sent by forum member 'vync79' (vync79)]