Hi,

When I try set OpenGL rendering pipe for java application my X server crashes.
I've found in other thread that people made it work on the similar hardware
with the same Nvidia driver: http://trac-hg.assembla.com/jgears/wiki/ResultsHome

Their configuration is:
Athlon XP 2500+, NVidia 7600GS, Ubuntu 8.10 (NVIDIA 177.80), Java 6.10

I have:
Intel Dual Core 1800, NVidia 8600 GT, Ubuntu 8.10 (ia32) (NVIDIA 177.80 &
180.x), Java 6.10

Is it an NVidia problem (driver + graphics card incompatibility) or something
wrong with my linux? Without OpenGL rendering pipe RIA apps work like a
slide-show. JOGL applications also crash X server.

Anton
[Message sent by forum member 'nullpointer' (nullpointer)]