Windows XP, SP3
java -version 1.6.0_11-b03
nvidia 8400GS with 512mb of Vram

In earlier builds calling GraphicsDevice.getAvailableAcceleratedMemory() seemed
to return a proper vram value.  I've noticed that in more recent versions it is
returning inaccurate values.  On this particular machine calling it returns a
value of 610 MB (639631360 bytes).

On a newer vista 64 machine with an 512MB nvidia graphics card the call returns
a large negative value. (about -1500MB).

On a third winXP machine with a 128MB nvidia 5900 card it returns 176MB.

The values are similar if I call the method right after creating the
GraphicsDevice, after creating a buffer strategy, or after creating a seperate
volatile image.

Is this a known bug, or did something change?
[Message sent by forum member 'donmc' (donmc)]