Hi Shravan,

I experienced this problem in my first week working with Java3D.

Maybe my workaround is incorrect, but I think you have to create the
elements of your Color3f array and Point3f array individually first.  The
getCoordinates and getColors methods do not allocate, they only assign the
values of the fields of the array members.  This code should work for you:

Color3f[] colorArray = new Color3f[2000];
for (int i = 0; i < colorArray.length; i++)
        colorArray[i] = new Color3f();
quadArray.getColors(0,colorArray)

Good luck,

Chris