Does anyone know about this exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Interp point outside quad
        at
com.sun.j3d.utils.picking.PickIntersection.getInterpWeights(PickIntersec
tion.java:1429)
        at
com.sun.j3d.utils.picking.PickIntersection.getPointCoordinates(PickInter
section.java:1071)

It is occurring when I pick inside an IndexedQuadArray, and I can't seem
to see any consistency to when it occurs.  (ie sometimes it happens and
then I can repeat what I think is the same procedure, and it doesn't
happen).  I can't find any documentation about it in the API.

Here is the offending section of code:

Point3d eyePos = pickCanvas.getStartPosition();
pickResult = pickCanvas.pickAllSorted();
if ((pickResult != null) && (vertexCount < 4)) {
        for (int i = 0; i < pickResult.length; i++) {
        // Get closest intersection results to mouse click, ignoring
depth
            PickIntersection pi =
pickResult[i].getClosestIntersection(eyePos);
            clickVertex = pi.getClosestVertexCoordinates();
            intersectPoint = pi.getPointCoordinates();  // !! LINE
CAUSING ERROR
                [... more processing with clickVertex and
intersectPoint]

Thanks for any information you can provide,

Chris