The Java3D BOF had the Wednesday night time slot before there was a Web3D
Roundup, so it was the Web3D Roundup that scheduled at the same time as
the Java3D BOF. Of course, Web3D has grown larger than the Java3D BOF,
so you could argue that Java3D should surrender the time slot. But there
aren't a lot of good alternatives, with big receptions Monday and Thursday
night, and days filled with courses, papers and panels.

My own selfish view is that Web3D is a big demo variety show that reduces
crowding at the Java3D BOF, making it easier for me to get information
and provide feedback about my main 3-D API.

Cheers,
Bill Hibbard