On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 14:11:13 GMT, Hannes Wallnöfer <hann...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review the first of two PRs to enhance JavaDoc search.
>>
>> This one focuses on the existing search script, to which it adds the feature
>> to search for multiple terms. It also improves the implementation of
>> case-sensitive search as well as rating of matches and provides some general
>> update and refactoring of the script.
>>
>> The search section in the help page is updated to mention the multiple
>> search term feature, and I repurposed the last example to show the new
>> feature.
>>
>> The new search function can be tested here (top-level API doc files only):
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hannesw/8282559/api.00/
>
> Hannes Wallnöfer has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Update variable name

src/jdk.javadoc/share/classes/jdk/javadoc/internal/doclets/formats/html/resources/standard.properties
 line 329:

> 327:     system properties and other terms defined in the API, using some or
> all of the name, optionally \
> 328:     using "camelCase" abbreviations. As of JDK 19, JavaDoc also supports
> searching for multiple terms. \
> 329:     For example:

Not a fan of version-specific phrasing. Also, "multiple terms" is very (very)
vague.

One possibility is to merge with the previous sentence:

using some or all of the name, optionally \
     using "camelCase" abbreviations, or a series of parts of the term,
separated by whitespace. \

Even better, to prevent an excessively long sentence, stop the first sentence
after "API", which then describes what you can search for, and then start a new
sentence after that, to describe how you can search for those items.