On Fri, 20 May 2022 17:20:19 GMT, Hannes Wallnöfer <hann...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is a CSS/JavaScript only change to implement copy-to-clipboard
> functionality for all headers (`h1` - `h6`) that have an `id` attribute
> associated with them. The following element-attribute patterns are supported
> (using `<h2>` as an example):
>
>  - `<section id="..."><h2>` (generated by javadoc)
>  - `<h2 id="...">` (commonly used)
>  - `<h2><a id="...">` (legacy)
>
> The change includes a consolidation of the CSS styles used to render
> copy-to-clipboard buttons, of which we have now three kinds: for snippets,
> for the link on the search page, and for headers. There is now a base CSS
> class called "copy" that defines the styles shared by all copy-to-clipboard
> buttons, and additional CSS properties for the concrete "subclasses".
>
> API docs generated with this change can be viewed here (top level files and
> java.base module):
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hannesw/8277420/api.02/

It seems to work in other cases, like here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hannesw/8277420/api.02/java.base/java/lang/foreign/Linker.html
 (e.g. the "Downcall method handles" section)

Where the text is contained within the `<a>` tag.

---

Also, I notice that the button only appears after hovering over the text of the
heading in the case above, but not when just hovering over the place where the
button would appear itself (and not touching the text). The hover area feels a
bit small. Would it be possible to make the area bigger? For instance, the
entire width of the page at the height of the header? For methods this already
seems to be the case as well.