Hi everyone!

Due a post on Twitter[2], few other Java users like me got aware of JDK-8298405.
However, from all the comments, commentators asked why AsciiDoctor
wasn't proposed instead of Markdown[2].
There are a few reasons, mainly a better (single!) specification and a
more readable, approachable syntax.
Or how Brian Goetz often puts it [1]: Reading code is unquestionably
more important than writing code.

The JEP doesn't even mention why Markdown was chosen (or chosen over AsciiDoc).
Other JEPs often state alternatives or discarded ideas, this one does not.

I did a quick search through the mailing list archives and couldn't
find anything.

Thanks in advance!

[1]: https://twitter.com/BrianGoetz/status/1256652011136827393
[2]: https://x.com/gunnarmorling/status/1762719948709806338