On Tue, 7 May 2024 11:53:19 GMT, Pavel Rappo <pra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review this mechanical change to man pages. This PR should be
> integrated after https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/18787.

I think we may have to restore this to a standalone start-of-release change
done after the other start-of-release changes. I had forgotten about the need
to update the flags sections of java.1

src/java.base/share/man/java.1 line 3856:

> 3854: .SH REMOVED JAVA OPTIONS
> 3855: .PP
> 3856: These \f[V]java\f[R] options have been removed in JDK 24 and using them

This is incorrect. You can't just change 23 to 24 here as the actual set of
flags listed below will be will be different.

Changes requested by dholmes (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19119#pullrequestreview-2047411800
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19119#discussion_r1595128505