On Thu, 16 May 2024 13:05:39 GMT, Chen Liang <li...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> A meta question about the JEP: Why don't Javadoc features (like snippets and
> markdown comments) don't go through preview, while Compiler features mostly
> do? Is there any bar for previews?

Jon could probably reply more substantially, but my understanding is that [_JEP
12: Preview Features_](https://openjdk.org/jeps/12) is barely applicable here
(emphasis mine):

> ## Summary
>
> A *preview feature* is a new feature of the Java language, Java Virtual
> Machine, or **Java SE API** that is fully specified, fully implemented, and
> yet impermanent. It is available in a JDK feature release to provoke
> developer feedback based on real world use; this may lead to it becoming
> permanent in a future Java SE Platform.

Technically, the only reason we could invoke JEP 12 here would be a tiny change
to `Elements`, which is Java SE. But let's be honest, that change is not what
_JEP 467: Markdown Documentation Comments_ is about.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16388#issuecomment-2115367104