On Mon, 1 Jul 2024 16:28:34 GMT, Pavel Rappo <pra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I think Chen's point was that it should not be `null`, to which I agree,
>> although it is probably a corner case.
>>
>> One thing I would consider is converting the result or this method to lower
>> case, since that is how the language attribute value is usually represented.
>
>> I think Chen's point was that it should not be `null`, to which I agree,
>> although it is probably a corner case.
>
> If so, my bad for misreading it. For such corner cases authors should specify
> `lang` attribute.

General comment: while the dust on `Path.getExtension` is still settling, as a
matter of policy, we should try and stay compatible with that. In particular, a
filename like `.gitignore` is a hidden filename with no extension, not an empty
filename with a 9-letter extension.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19971#discussion_r1671125192