Hi Josh

To do this requires using a format like AAC, and this is indeed extra
work. We can't only release an AAC because not all players work with
AAC format files - it tends to be an iPod/Apple thing. MP3 works
everywhere and that is why we use it. We would need to release two
different file types, and on top of that I would need to add the
chapter markers and this would take more time as well (time I really
don't have).

For a while, there was a move afoot here on the groups for people to
collaborate and put the times for various "chapters" in the podcast
into a posting that other people could see, so that they could skip
sections that way if they wanted to. It seemed to die after a few
episodes (I think the people doing it lost interest), but I would
encourage people to go with that idea again. I am afraid that I don't
have the time to do chapters for the podcast when it is released
though, and since we would need both MP3 and AAC forms of the file, it
would also double our requirements with libsyn (they charge by the
upload bandwidth rather than the download bandwidth).

I would encourage you (or anyone) to provide chapter and time
information here in the groups though. Did anyone else find that
useful?

Cheers

Dick