1) How is the performance tuning of Java FX going?

2) Will is the support of embedding Java Fx panels into Swing
applications be fully (better) supported?

I ask as I am developing an open source EMR and have a rich set of
functionality which could be further enhanced with some JavaFx
graphics.
(see http://www.patientos.org/software/index.html for screenshots)

I did have a patient banner bar using JavaFx embedded at one point
with the older java fx library (script not compiled) but it was too
slow to be feasible in production.

I am interested down the road to use JavaFx on mobile devices but I
must say I would rather write scripts in Java, not a scripting
language, the latter promotes too many runtime syntax errors that
could have been caught at compile time.  Having to switch to a new non-
Eclipse editor isnt great.  Productivity is the key.

Still it is an interesting technology and I can see some possibilities
for killer functionality in my application.

Greg