80% ?  The site says they cover List, Map, and Func(function).

Now, there are a lot of containers in the world like heaps, binary
trees, n-ary trees, queues, vectors, mactrices, and stacks, just to
name a few.  Even in lists there are array based lists, linked lists,
skip lists, etc, etc.  Plus, generics aren't really about containers
as much as they're about...well...generic programming.  After all, one
of their generic types is "Func."  So anything that can kinda be seen
as a first class function, like say a parser, can benefit from from
genericness.  It's a very, very powerful tool that spans far more than
a few containers.

I'm not dissing them or the language or anybody who thinks that Fan is
the right level of complexity.  It's an interesting design choice to
make duck typing the default when you need generic stuff.  I'm just
debating the 80% comment.  It's possible that Fan's built in generics
will solve 80% of the generic programming issues in the kinds of
problems that some people throw at Fan, but that's just saying that
Fan isn't a general purpose language for them and that they've decided
to use Fan fairly narrowly.