On Jan 5, 6:56 pm, Dick Wall <dickw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We actually had quite a few news items for Groovy in 2008 (just search
> for groovy or grails in the search box on the javaposse.com site to
> see). However, I feel that there were quite a small number of news
> items to actually report on and this is what I was trying to
> communicate in the episode.

Just to clarify: are you saying that there was lots of quick news, but
not a lot of 'discussion' news? I would agree with that. The
SpringSource acquisition was certainly a discussion item, though, in
the G2 community.

I guess I just took exception to the insinuation that the language is
fading (which is why I pointed to the 70k downloads in November) -- in
my circles, it has exploded this year. I was really focusing on
Groovy, as I really didn't think it was on the table to write off
Grails (given that there are three books coming out in the next month
or two). Another meaningless statistic for you: there are 552 members
in the Linked-In grails user group and 479 in the groovy group (for a
frame of reference, there are 756 in the Posse group). Since they
didn't really have the groups until recently, all members would have
joined in 2008.

I'm a huge fan (I've listened to every episode), and I usually lay low
and keep my mouth shut. Thanks for all you guys do! It is much
appreciated.
Greg