Speaking of books. I went and bought a couple of books based on the
recommendations from language geeks (can't remember if ti was LtU).
One book was Essentials of Programming Languages. In case you are thinking
about getting it: don't. The authors don't write that good and all examples
and concepts are illustrated using Lisp.

While lisp may be a nice language to write, it is certainly not a good
language to read...

>From the same recommendation list I got Types and Programming Languages
which overlaps a great deal with the first book, and also illustrate
everything using lisp. What saves this book somewhat is that the author
atleast writes better.

Can anyone suggest better books covering the same topics?

BR,
John